The bill is effective immediately,
- No new sales of banned firearms. (we will however complete sales with background checks started on or before 1/10/2023)
- No new sales of rifle magazines holding more than 10 rounds.
- No new sales of pistol magazines holding more than 15 rounds.
- Firearm Restraining Orders extended from the current 6 months, to 12 months.
- Magazines owned on or before the effective date are legal to keep but restrictions on carry and transportation start in 90 days.
- Banned firearms owned before the effective date are legal to keep but registered with the state in 300 days.
- Read full text at 10200HB5471sam003 (ilga.gov)
Please help us in fighting for our Second Amendment!
Donate to Federal Firearms Licensees of Illinois (FFL-IL). All donations will be allocated to fighting HB5471.